Friday, March 6, 2009

make up

Ok, so I don't remember what I wanted to say about make up but I thought I would just put down my thoughts....nothing original, so feel free to move on now.



I enjoy make up and nail polish and jeweled adornments.  I enjoy make up for the art of it.  I like that you can look completely different with just a different style of make up.  I do not see make up as a daily requirement.  I didn't like it that at my old job, I had to dress up for work and then felt somewhat unfinished if I didn't have at least a little bit of make up on.  I like make up because the colors are pretty.  Make up is pretty.  I don't think it is needed to make me pretty.  I don't feel naked without it.  I often forget whether or not I have even have it on unless I look in the mirror.  Most of the time I can only tell by my eyes if I have it on.  I have more frustrations and troubles trying to get foundation to match my real skin color, that I question why I even wear it at all.  If I just want it to look like regular skin, then shouldn't I just show my regular skin????  Lets face it.  Make up isn't good for your skin.  You are adding stuff
to your face to even out your skin tone, but for me, it is often
causing the problems that cause my skin tone to look uneven in the
first place.  I don't need to "put my face on".  I already have a face.  I will never be late going somewhere, just to do my make up.  I had friends that would do that in high school and it drove me insane.  I have gone to weddings, putting make up on in the car.  For me getting ready to run out the door usually involves just getting clothes on.  Prior to Ava, for work I would shower at night, and get up ten minutes before I had to be out the door.  How long does it take to brush your teeth and hair and put some clothes on?



The question in magazines: what is the one piece of make up  you would have to have if you were stranded on a desert island?  The answer is none.  I am either going to be beautifully tanned or burnt to a crisp, neither of which will work well with make up.  Also, I am stranded.  Who am I going to impress?



My hair, it is pointless.  It pretty much usually looks the same whether I do it or not, unless I spend a lot of time on it, which usually bores me, so I don't bother.