Friday, December 25, 2009

rushed

I know that I have missed some major milestones, like Rhys' birthday and Christmas. I will get there, hopefully, sometime soon, hopefully. I just feel like if I don't have time to really dedicate to writing the post, then I shouldn't do it.

Christmas has come and isn't quite gone yet. We still have one extended family Christmas get together tomorrow. For us Christmas is always crazy and busy, pretty much from late afternoon on the Eve of Eve until bedtime on Christmas day. This year it has all gone pretty smoothly minus a few naps. Rhys is awesome and doesn't even get crabby. He just gets wobbly. It is like he gets bored with regular stuff and has to move on to more interesting (aka inappropriate) toys and falls constantly, so he wants to be held and then put back down, and he just squirms and does whatever he can do to keep himself awake. It really is still relatively pleasant. I wonder if we just hit our wall with chasing after him.

Justin is still on vacation this week which is good because we haven't really gotten much of anything done yet. The next few days make me feel a little crazy schedule wise, but I think we will make it. I am working the overnights tonight and tomorrow, Justin is taking Ava to a movie, we have a Christmas gathering, we are going to Chuck E. Cheese, Justin is hanging out all day with his friend and I will attempt to pretend that I am not a zombie and stay awake and pleasant all day. Ava has a laser treatment Monday morning and I work again Monday night. Hopefully we will get to spend a little bit of time after that hanging out at home, getting toys put away and organized and rooms rearranged. I am sure Justin will be back at work and we will both be back in school before we know it. We are taking a class at the same time so it will be interesting to see how that works out. I got an A- in my last class by the way. In reality, I lost my A because of split infinitives. That is how close it was to a full A...