Tuesday, June 2, 2009

crochet or knit

So I keep wanting to make things that are knit, so the solution to that would be to learn how to knit. I have plans to take a class but right now I have so many unfinished things that I kind of think I should finish them first. So that is what I did. I have a shower this weekend that I was like oh, it would be nice to make something for that. So I did. I had a blanket that was 95% of the way finished. So last night I got home from work and finished it. Well mostly, I still have to sew in the tails, but that is all finishing stuff. It used the jumbo sized hook and I think this particular blanket is what did in my wrist. Just working on it for half an hour made my hand burn.

Second shocking thing: I started a new project out of yarn I already have instead of buying anymore. I know. It is insane. I am not sure how it will turn out so I decided not to commit anymore money to it. Part of what I love about crocheting is picking out the yarn for each project. This was a big step for me. I will post pictures of the finished products AFTER the shower, just on the off chance that she happens to check this before that point.