Sunday, June 28, 2009

summer

So far this summer is not going at all as I had expected it to, but I think I am ok with it. I really do think that buying a pool pass was probably the best investment I could have made this summer. Granted, we have only had it for a week, but already it has made all the difference in the world, even if only in my head. I know that pretty much, we have something to do during the day to get us out of the house, no matter how hot it is. There are at least three different things for Ava to do at the pool so she doesn't get bored and so far everyday she has met up with another kid that she knows to play with. That generally means I have run into another mom I know to talk with. One is just a lady I met at the pool and I don't know her name, but it is still nice. Believe it or not, I think the pool is making me more diligent in my cleaning routine. I don't want to feel bad when I am there, thinking of all the things I didn't do at home. So I try to make sure to pick up before bed, start a load of dishes, put the laundry in the dryer, etc. That way when we come home I can use nap time for whatever else I want to get done around the house. I know you are probably so tired of hearing about the cleaning situation at home, but someday when I have it down, I will stop talking about it.

Rhys and I are going to have Monday all to ourselves this week. I have no idea what we will do. Maybe go grocery shopping with just one child. I had planned to pack up his winter clothes, but I got ahead of myself and did it yesterday. Maybe I should pack up Ava's but I don't want to really because I am sure she will wear the same size this winter so by the time I get around to putting the bin away, I will have to pull it out again. All I know is I am going to have one full nap to do whatever I want. I probably will just sleep.

My friend Lee got married Friday night. Ava and I were both in the wedding. It was a fun time. I had no idea that Ava would be so into dancing. She kept asking about it all afternoon so promised that she would get to dance to a couple songs before she went home. The dancing got started a little later than expected so Rhys was completely over being there at that point. I took Ava out to dance and she kind of just stood there for about half the song. Maybe she wasn't feeling the groove at that point. I got a little silly with her, and then it was like I had pulled the rip cord. She didn't stop. She didn't want to dance with anyone else, she just needed to move. When I tried to get her to leave she told me she didn't want to go home and then yelled, "I want to dance!" I let her have one more song and then convinced her she could have a dance party with Aunt Sarah when she got home. I think they forgot about the dance party and just watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory for the 931st and 932nd time.