Monday, November 24, 2008

38 weeks

That was a speedy visit. Nothing really to discuss. I am now 1 cm, 50% effaced, and the baby has dropped down another station. I am now where I was with Ava until the day I was enduced. I think I effaced more, but that was about it. She never dropped down to a farther station until I actually started pushing. For all those that will say the baby has dropped...I carry low. Very low. I think with Ava people would try to convince me that she had dropped, even though I knew otherwise. Once the head kind of settles in, I just look like this. I have a very long rib cage and don't care the baby up by my chin. I carry it in my lap. I gained back a pound that I had lost, but still not everything. I am sure that ice cream I bought yesterday and Thanksgiving will help me catch up.

Ava had her pre-op physical. She is now 26 pounds and 33.5 inches. I knew she had gotten taller. She is still tiny in the percentiles for her age. She is 12th for weight. 26th for height. No wonder her pants won't stay up. She told the doctor about when she made her big poopie in the potty. She told him it was like a Dori poop. Love him for giving her a high five for the big poopie.

1 comment:

  1. Great poopie, Ava! Emily, I'm trying to find out more about what is going on, I'm assuming today? Praying for whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.