Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Etsy or not to Etsy

People have been suggesting that I sell some things I make on Etsy for a while now.  I have never really been up for the challenge.  I guess I have thought they aren't good enough, original enough, something like that.  I also worried about getting more orders than I could fulfill.  The opposite worry of my first worries, which is odd.  But fears aren't always logical.  So what is the worst thing that could happen?  I try and nobody buys anything.  Then what?  I have things to give away as gifts.

I have decided to go ahead an open up an Etsy store.  I have two hats that are finished and ready to go.  I even have a willing and ready baby to model them and her mom is going to take pictures. (Thanks Rachel for having a cute little baby at the exact same time I decide to do this!)  I don't think cell phone pictures help the sales at all.  So we are going to visit today and bring some banana bread, the blanket I made for Keira Q., and take some pictures of my hats.

The only debate...what do I call my etsy shop?  I honestly have no idea.