Monday, August 27, 2012

finished

I finished a blanket today.  I am making it for a friend's baby who is coming in about a month.  I need to still block it and sew in the ends.  I then have to get around to actually mail it.   I made this blanket out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.  I love the softness and drape.  I am excited to see how it turns out after blocking it. All the little bumps should be flattened out with the blocking.

I already have the next project ready to go.  I am going to make a few more hats too here and there.  Most of my upcoming projects are gifts for people who actually read this thing so I am going to have to keep them to myself for now.  I have decide that it has to be a great pattern and a great yarn to really make me finish thing things.  It has to be enjoyable to to work with and see the pattern emerge.  I am sure this isn't really that surprising to anyone.  In fact, it is pretty much common sense.  I just always try to do without one or the other and it doesn't really work out.  Anyway, just wanted to post about this project before I forgot and got distracted with the next one!