Wednesday, August 15, 2012

the most boring post on the face of the planet

I was just checking my blog feeder and I thought to myself that I should probably post something.  What?  I have no idea.  I want to write about Ava's birthday, but the pictures are all still on my phone and I don't know where that is at the moment.  (I don't remember the last time I used a camera, primarily because there is sand in the shutter of our camera so it doesn't really focus.)  So that post will just have to wait for another time.

Two week days left of summer vacation for Ava.  We are trying to have some fun.  Today I took the kids to their favorite restaurant, Noodles and Co. for lunch and then we went to go see The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  They had been watching trailers on the Disney app on the roku for weeks.  They had no idea what we were going to be seeing.  They didn't even know what we were going to see when I bought the tickets.  I don't know what they were looking at but they definitely weren't paying attention to what I was saying.  Ava loved it.  Rhys thought parts were scary.  I don't remember him being scared at all.  I just think it was a bit over his head.  He wiggled a lot.  Mostly on my lap.

I am so excited about the first day of school.  I always loved starting the new school year.  I  liked all my new school supplies.  Maybe that is why I love the movie You've Got Mail.  I can completely relate to the line about bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils.  I would go back to school just so I could buy new school supplies.  I know that just as when I was in school, I will get tired of it quickly.  I am soon going to be tired of getting up every morning, waking kids up, arguing with them to brush their teeth, and get out the door on time.  I am probably going to get tired really quickly of arguing with Ava over doing her homework.  I know all this, but I am still excited about it starting again.  I am seriously looking forward to the structure her school schedule brings to my day.  I feel energized, like I will be more productive somehow.  I doubt it will happen for long, but one can hope.  I will imagine being busy around the house, fixing stuff, cleaning things, organizing, purging and maybe even working out a bit.  It will be just like when I used to imagine that I would read every page assigned to me and always study and be completely dedicated to my school work.  Me and my school year resolutions.