Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I got soup

I remembered something I was going to write about.  Ava loves the one song by The Killers that the chorus goes, "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier."  She will actually sing along with that part and knows all the words.  When she talks about the song, she calls it, "Got soup/soul, soap" depending on the day.  Sometimes she drops the "got" and goes with the one word name.  So we were in the car listening to the radio, and a different Killers song comes on, I don't remember which one, just one of their bigger radio hits.  She goes,"This got soup? Yes, its soup!"  I told her it was a different song but the same band.  She sat and listened for a while, and then said, "Nope, it not soup."  but in a very confused voice.  I didn't have the ability to distinguish which band was which, without knowing individual songs until at least high school, possibly even college.  I remember when I started listening to country music, I couldn't figure out who people could tell the male singers apart.  To me they all kind of sounded the same.  Soon after I was able to tell them apart, so I would guess that would be my junior year of high school-ish.  She has definitely beaten me there. 



I have sold most of my diapers by the way.  Who knew previously pooped in diapers would be hot items on Craig's list.