Tuesday, August 2, 2011

no excuses

I haven't written in a long time. It is what it is. Moving on.

Yesterday Rhys discovered the box of Justin's old GI Joe's in the garage. He stayed out in the garage, literally dripping sweat, playing with them. I brought him to rehydrate and cool off. It wasn't that hot in the garage, just kind of stuffy. He tried playing with them in the house but he thinks the garage is better for some reason. He woke up this morning and wanted to hurry up and have breakfast so he could go back to playing.

Justin is getting a new phone through work...the new iphone. I know, woopadeee doo!!!! No really, I was filled with insane jealousy. I am usually not a jealous person. Other people are allowed to have things! It was that he didn't even want an iphone. I did! For 3 years!!! but we had a cell service that doesn't carry them. Then my train of thought was hmmm, how much would it be for us to switch service now that I am the only person on our plan? I am up for an upgrade anyway, contract wise, so now would be a good time. I had looked in the past and for hte family plan, it didn't make sense. Turns out, it was the last day of a promotion and when it arrives today, I will have my own iphone that cost me $9 and a plan that pretty much costs the same as my old one. Maybe a couple dollars more, depending on the corporate discount. I am excited to get it, but I am actually feeling a little guilty that I was motivated by feelings of jealousy. I can also bless someone else with my old phone so yay.

Ava has her golden birthday on Friday. Her birthday is a very big deal this year. It definitely has to do with the fact that in school, her friends talked about birthdays all year. They built it up to be a great time. She has me sucked into the hugeness of it. I am trying to remind myself, it is just a birthday. Though it is a great day, lets not get too crazy.

Our summer will be coming to a slow halt. Ava has a laser treatment on Monday, which pretty much means the last 2 weeks of summer break will be spent inside. I guess since she is only in morning kindergarten, we can still do some summery stuff in the afternoons. I am looking forward to hanging out with just Rhys everyday, for the first time in his whole life. It will definitely be an adjustment for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. YAY, iPhone = my BFF!
    Will's bday is Sat, & bdays are talked up BIG TIME around here, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.