Wednesday, July 15, 2009

potty training? what potty training?

So I don't know what day we are on. I could look it up, but I am not going to. We have had a few successes. Usually at least one time a day in the potty, but they are under diress and command. I kind of think today was the biggest success. She came into the bathroom with me and asked if I was trying to get the peepee's out. I said that I was and asked if she wanted to. She said, "Sure!" and pulled down her pants and gave it a good try. I am confident that she has the ability to do it, she just needs to want to, so for her to voluntarily try to go is a win in my book. I think if we push her too hard at this point, it will just slow things down. I am just keeping it in the front of her mind with lots of pep talks and books and wet training pants.

Last Thursday Ava had a routine office eye appointment. Her pressures had gone up a little bit. (29 right, 26 left) He wanted her to get another surgery consultation with a doctor from Children's. He was pretty excited that she was going to be having an exam under anesthisa during her laser treatment just to get another set of pressures, though she sat still like a champion and was completely cooperative. I think she does better with getting her pressures checked than I do. She knew exactly what was going to happen, step by step. It was pretty funny.

Monday was her first laser treatment with the new laser and dermatologist. We are back to the severe bruising, which we expected. It is very different now that she is so aware of herself. She keeps announcing that she is purple. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm purple. I think she is just having a hard time not being able to go outside.

I woke up in the middle of the night with mastitis. Justin worked from home which is probably the only thing that kept me from losing my mind. I spent the entire day in bed. I am working 16 hours tomorrow night so I am hoping I am back to functioning by tomorrow at least.

2 comments:

  1. Big hug to you, woman. You're in the thick of it. Mastitis is evil.

    Praying it goes away fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets note as well for purposes of noting that the opthalmologist at childrens that checked her pressures when she went under anesthesia found much MUCH more palatable pressures... but i dont remember the numbers. 21 and 19?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.