Thursday, July 16, 2009

7 months old

**I am technically writing this on the 17th, though I just haven't gone to bed yet, so it is still the 16th in my mind, details, details that really don't matter, but I don't want to confuse myself later on. ***

Rhys is 7 months old today. He is in such a hurry to be a big kid. He thinks he can walk and talk. He can't. He has come up with yells for all of us but I am not sure if he really knows what he is doing. (Didi, Mama, and Abba) Earlier this morning, and I mean early, he decided to get up for the day at 4:45. We played downstairs for a couple hours, but I was generally not feeling up for crawling around on the floor and he didn't feel like playing by himself. I got him to sit still long enough to cuddle in with me on the couch and I started humming different songs I was making up to him. It held his attention long enough that he forgot to wiggle and fell asleep with his forhead up against mine. I think it was my favorite part of the day.

He has been extra crabby the last couple of days. During dinner I saw the two little white lines in his gums, so teeth are finally coming. Who knows, maybe they will break through at exactly 7 months. He is also getting very close to being able to get himself into the sitting position. He has the camando crawl down and can get pretty much anywhere he wants to go. He is just my happy little guy who loves to give kisses and pull hair. He is the reason that my hair is the longest it has been in about 14 years and it is always in a pony tail.

I have been debating about quitting nursing him because...he just isn't very good at it and never has been. He doesn't seem to get it quite right to keep it from being painful. Several blocked ducts later and now with mastitis and another blocked duct, I am actually sad about the prospect of stopping. He really is still a little baby and I love our cuddle time together. Even if I don't want that cuddle time 5-10 times a day, once our twice would be nice. Not sure what I will end up doing. The logical part of my head is like quit! quit while you are still alive! Then there is the whole emotional side that is thinking, but he is my baby and I must nurture him.