Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life is like a box of chocolates

Or in our case, nights are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. We have now had 7 nights at home with Isla. We have not had more than 2 that are the same. First two nights were pretty much no sleep nights. She wanted to be held all night. She wanted to eat every hour. (As I am writing this, I am completely blanking on what order the nights went in and if I am even thinking of different nights. Isla has eaten my brain.) We didn't get to bed until 3 or 4am and we still had to get up to get kids to school. Then we had the two miracle nights of non-stop sleep. I had to wake her up around 4am to eat and the other night she for up at 5am. She also was fine sleeping in her bed. The only downside of the timing of this was it was when my milk came in, so she slept, I didn't.  Then we had two nights of normal baby sleep. Up every 3 hours to eat and going right back to sleep. Even when she woke up, she didn't really cry, just clearly was up and wanting to eat. Then there was last night. Keep in mind she slept all day, only getting up to eat and was awake and alert for about 45 minutes total. We were trying to go to bed around 9:30. She was wide awake, but it shouldn't be long lived, right? Wrong! She would doze for about five minutes and demand to be fed again. This went on for 3 hours. She has also decided she won't take a pacifier. Why should she when she has me???? She will cry for 10 minutes with nothing working to get her to stop. I let her latch on and 15!seconds later she is fine. She won't eat anything. She will just want to sit there. After the three hour eating marathon, I was pretty positive there was absolutely nothing left. She ended up getting about an ounce out of a bottle but only because Justin gave it to her. She won't take a bottle from me. Justin says she is too little to know the difference. Ha! That is why she acts like I am trying to poison her with the bottle. She did sleep for almost 5 hours once she finally fell asleep, so it wasn't awful, just a very long first part of the night. 

Now some pictures from yesterday.


Rhys made her a bracelet. 


I walk into the livingroom and find Ava holding her like this, swaying in front of the tv, like it was no big deal.

* I update from my phone so formatting at be weird.