Tuesday, October 20, 2009

spontanious

Today it was a mostly nice day out. I didn't have any plans but I wanted to do something. The kids slept in way late, so late that I couldn't go to the class at the gym that I had semi-planned on attending. We had a late breakfast, got everybody dressed and ran to the the craft store to get some supplies. We were then on our way to go leaf collecting. And then the sky changed and it looked like it was going to rain. What did I see? A grand opening sign and an open door to a paint your own pottery thing. We pulled in and an hour or so later, Ava has a super smudgey, globby, painted pumpkin plate with her name on it. We will be picking this up on Friday after it has been fired. There aren't any studio fees at this one, so if Ava wants to take 2 hours to paint a 2 inch rabbit then so be it. She has wandered around the store pointing out all the things she wants to paint. Bonus is, we still have the leaf collecting as a back up plan for tomorrow.