Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh my head...

Wednesday Rhys woke up with a fever. He had been acting a little off the day before, so I was thinking ear infection. He had a fever of 103 so we went to the doctor. No ear infection. He had herpangina. Fun!!! His fever did go up to 104 by the end of the day, but seemed to have gotten better over night. When I had checked on him in the middle of the night he was covered in sweat but finally cooler. The last couple of days he has been sleepy and whiney and just clearly uncomfortable. He has been either fever free or only up to 100, so that is good, but he actually seemed to feel better with the fever. His throat hurts so he doesn't want to drink much, only when he is really hungry. He obviously had a headache. He just reaches up and rubs at his eyes or grabs his head and just flails around and whimpers. It is pretty sad to watch since there isn't a whole lot we can do for him. The tylenol seems to help but only for a little bit and then he gets tired and we put him to bed and he wakes up hurting again.

I woke up with a migraine this morning which is never a good thing. It didn't get to the puking point but I was close. Justin was at least working from home so I was able to take a nap in the afternoon. It finally went mostly away by 8pm which is good since I had to work the overnight.

Ava started to get really whiney around five and I noticed she felt warmer. The sickness has clearly been passed on. She now is hanging out at 101 and says her head hurts and her throat hurts. At least she can tell us what hurts but even then there isn't a whole lot that we can do.

Plans are definitely canceled for pretty much the entire weekend. We had tons of things scheduled this weekend. I think the only things left to do, barring anyone else getting sick is I am going to go to my friend's bachelorette party, but just won't be staying all that long and Justin will be going to church on Sunday because he has about 4 places to be there. Hopefully there will be some good movies on tv this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awful! I hope you all start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.