Tuesday, May 26, 2009

rabbits!

I just went outside to do my morning garden check. We have about 6 strawberries that will be fully ripe by tomorrow morning. I am going to have to remember to go pick them tonight if they want to survive. The rhubarb is all gone! Chewed down to a nub. It isn't like I was going to use it alone, but I was going to hopefully use it with the strawberries. I have come to the realization that there won't be any giant strawberry harvest this year. It will be like one at a time. That does not mean that I didn't want to be able to say, "Check! Successfully grew some rhubarb." I had considered taking Ava to a strawberry patch to go berry picking, so there baby rabbit living in our bushes. The irony: There are about 100 carrot sprouts all over. I am definitely going to have to thin them out or I will have some mangled looking carrots, but I am sure I will just be growing some rabbit food.

We also have a lot of sunflower sprouts. I planted a variety of sunflowers and they are growing nicely. I just need them to grow fast enough that they don't look like weeds, just in case the landscaping people come around to take care of things.

It is now Tuesday. I am loving my new schedule of Wednesday/Thursday vs. Tuesday/Wednesday. I feel like my week is laid out much nicer. Not sure why, just how it is. I am trying to come up with some fun activity to do today. Not sure what it will be, but it is still early.

1 comment:

  1. the rabbits drive us crazy here, too! we have tried everything... even human hair! (our neighbor used to cut hair.) the only solution that works for us is to put up one of those mesh fences. ugly, but it works.

    did you find anything fun to do???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.