Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Everyone Worth Knowing

I finished Everyone Worth Knowing last Friday.  It is written by the same author that wrote The Devil Wears Prada.  It is the story of a single 28 year old, who works at a high end PR firm in New York.  Similar format to the Devil Wears Prada.  You will feel like a big loser who gets their clothes from Old Navy and Target, when they say Banana Republic and Ann Taylor are wannabe clothes.  I wish I could get clothes from those stores.  Anyway, it was an enjoyable read, especially for a poolside book...if you have a pool.   I read it sitting next to the kiddie pool.  Well at least a few chapters.



Next up/current read:  The Time Travelers Wife....author unknown because it is upstairs.   I have heard very good things about it.  We will see.  I heard it is kind of a sci fi romance...I am three chapters in and the term "chrono-impaired" has been tossed out.



In TV news, I am glad that summer tv is starting.  I do like some shows.  I like that there aren't as many on at once though, so it is nice.  Summer favorites include:  So You Think You Can Dance (first week of competition tomorrow!!!), Army Wives, My Boys, and Rescue Me.  Rescue Me is only having mini episodes this summer and will be on for a 24 episode run in March of 2009.  By the way, I didn't look that up.  I saw an interview a week ago and just remember those tidbits.  I am shockingly good at remembering specific pieces of information, like rates of things, stats, etc.  Like the whole presentation at Feed My Starving Children.  I can tell you how many children die each day from starvation, vs last year.  What percentage of their funds go to the actual feeding of the children, etc.