Monday, June 23, 2008

Ava, the waiting room champion

We had two different doctor's appointments today in the same office.  Ava had a physical at 2:45.  We get there right on time and get taken into a room.  We then wait for 45 minutes for the doctor.  15 minutes later we are all done.  So it is 3:45.  My appointment is at 4:10.  Not really enough time to make it worth going anywhere in between.  Meanwhile I have promised Ava that we can go to the park when we are all done with the doctors.  I check in and then begins the waiting.  (She had started watching 101 Dalmations on her DVD player when we were waiting in the room during her appointment.)  She played and colored in the waiting room and eventually got bored and started watching her movie again.  They call us into a room at 4:50.  I wait in the room for my 3 minute doctor appointment.  We finished at 5:15.  Ava had enough time to finish the entire movie.  She did really well.  She did not forget about the park.  I said, "Ok, we are all done.  Let's  go."  She said, "Ok!  Let's go to the park to play!"  She was patient enough to let us go home, eat dinner, and then we went to the park.  At least we still had time to be able to follow through on the promise. 



Stats from the doctor's appointments:
Ava weighs 24 pounds 4 ounces.
I weigh enough.  I have gained 2 pounds in 2 months. 
My blood pressure is 110/60. 
My pee is good.
The baby's heart rate was 144 bpm.