Monday, October 31, 2011

sabatoge

So I have decided to convert to a non-processed/organic food lifestyle for my family. I can't go all extreme and toss everything out that we have. It just isn't financially possible. I will just be replacing it as we use it up. I found a site that had good guidelines as to what it means to go unprocessed. Pretty much if you can't make it yourself in the kitchen, don't eat it. If I can't gather the ingredients myself and make it, won't be eating it. I can make butter if I want to, so I can eat butter. I could grind up my own flour if I wanted to, so I can use it. I just can't bleach it myself.

But! This weekend we spent obscene amounts of money at fast food restaurants. We need to retrain ourselves as to what a snack means or convenience food. I will have to do more prep in the kitchen to have stuff ready. I will also need support from Justin. Not only is this bad for us, but it is a budget blower and always has been.