Monday, September 8, 2008

catching up

Today I woke up with a ton of motivation to get things done.  I actually got out of bed, cleaned toilets, folded laundry and showered before Ava got up.  I usually stay in bed until she gets up, which is why this is out of the ordinary for me.  I had a ton of errands to run today and I did all but one (the rain was just too much so I decided to put it off until tomorrow) and still kept going on things when I got home.  A lot of what I needed to do was related to MOPS and kick off on Friday.  Other people needed me to finish things so they could work on their parts, so I didn't really have time to put it off.  One of our errands was signing Ava up for kid/parent swimming lessons.   They are supposed to start tomorrow, so I did kind of wait until the last minute.  She could see the pool from the front desk and got super excited.  She thought she was going swimming right then.  She told every person who walked by that she was going swimming.  She was kind of disappointed when she figured out that we were leaving instead of swimming.  She knows that we are supposed to go tomorrow though.  The place called today and Ava is one of 2 who signed up for the Tuesday class, so we are probably going to have to change dates and times.  The guy was supposed to call me back tonight to let me know the plan but I haven't heard from him yet.  I will call in the morning.  He said that if they can't figure it out yet, we will still go tomorrow and then switch for future dates.  I asked Ava what we are doing tomorrow.  She said, "We are going swimming.  With my goggles!  I want Nemo goggles."  She doesn't need or have goggles.  She just thinks they are like glasses.  I bet she wouldn't like them if they were actually on.  She did go straight to the source though since her follow up statement was, "Daddy!  I want Nemo goggles. You get them for me?"

This past weekend was Justin's work family outing to the zoo.  It was awesome.  They rent out the whole zoo and pretty much everything was open at least for a while and we got tons of food.  All the places you normally have to pay for were open too.  Ava had fun in the children's zoo.  She got to pet the goats and a baby chick.  She loved Tropic World with the gorillas.  She still talks about how the monkeys were silly and one got in trouble.  She meowed at the meercats.  She said all the animals "were looking at me."  The best parts were no lines, no crowds, perfect weather, and all the free food you could ask for.

The weekend before last, Justin planned a night out for my birthday.  We got a hotel room at the Lodge, McDonald's affiliate hotel thingy.  I got a prenatal massage in their spa.  I highly recommend it.  It was so good.  I want another one.  I think I should get one every month until the baby comes out....After my massage, we got all dressed up and went to dinner at Capitol Grill.  Excellent food and service.  The one side dish, lobster macaroni was possibly one of the best things I have ever eaten.  I didn't even have to eat lobster.  It was in chunks that Justin could eat.  So really, their macaroni was one of the best things I have ever eaten.  We then went on to see a musical at Drury Lane.  Then back to the hotel for the super comfy king size bed.  Room to flop around while sleeping is very important to me at the present time.  The next morning we went out for brunch and did some shopping and went to go get Ava.  I had gotten new shoes while shopping because the ones I had on were hurting my feet.  They were super cheap and had stars on them.  Ava sees me and doesn't say anything, she just stares at my feet.  Then she says, "Your shoes have stars."  Apparently this was very odd to her.   Monday, we went to go see Hamlet 2 and Ava stayed at her other grandma's while we went to do that.  Pretty much she had full on family time from Saturday night until Monday afternoon.  She has just now switched back to being the child I dropped off.  I think she liked getting to do whatever she wanted and people who still listen to her commands because it is cute.  She wasn't happy having to go back to her normal life.  It is hard being 2.

The needing room to flop while sleeping reminds me of something that I was planning to write about but didn't.  I always come up with things to say while I am about to go to sleep.  Like while mentally recapping my day, I am like man, that is what I should say...but then I go to sleep and don't write it.  Anyway, I have reached the point in the pregnancy where I remember why towards the end of being pregnant with Ava, I couldn't wait for her to be out so I could just sleep again(which contributed to the cry fest the first night home with her when I thought about the fact that it still wasn't going to happen possibly ever again in my life).   It is hard to find a comfortable way to fall asleep.  Then you do fall asleep, but your arm does too at some point and you have to roll over, but you just can't roll over anymore.  You actually have to wake up and coordinate other parts of your body to shove yourself over to your other side and move all your pillows around and the blankets are moving with the pillows, if you were actually not too hot to sleep with blankets on, so you have to move those, and then all the sloshing around causes stomach acid to go all the way up your throat, so then you are coughing because your throat is now burned, and then you are ready to go to sleep and you have to catch your breath from all the activity.  Repeat 5 times a night, getting up to pee 1-2x in addition.  I no longer like going to bed.  I put it off as much as possible.  I just dread all the comfortableness.  It is like eating after you have had a stomach bug.  You do it because you have to, not because you want to.