Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Simply Homemade

So this past weekend I went and prepared my meals at Simply Homemade.  The gist of the thing is, you pick out your meals ahead of time from their menu.  You go in, they have all the prep work done, you follow the recipes and get everything all set.  Nothing is cooked yet.  It is all food you are essentially preparing to prepare.  Then you take it home and freeze it.  They give you directions on cooking it after you defrost it.  I was done in an hour to an hour and a half.  I am not sure what time I exactly started.  We now have meals for dinner for the next month.  (if you have more people in your family than we do, it would be the next two to three weeks.)  So tonight I made our first meal.    It was really good.  Thumbs up all around, even from Ava.  It was kind of like one of those skillet meals in a bag, but the food all seemed fresh and home made, vs preserved.  We had: 




Chicken, Broccoli and Mushroom Crepes - NEW











Ooh, la, la. A French classic, perfect for a light summer dinner.
Chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms in a creamy white sauce accented with
Swiss cheese are wrapped in your own homemade crepes.

Foil Pan




Nutrition Info : Calories- 290, Fat- 8g, Protein- 29g, Carbohydrates- 24g, Fiber- 2mg, Cholesterol- 113mg, Sodium- 527mg


I did have to make the crepes, but they gave me the batter.  I don't know why this is in bold and I can't fix it right now.  Oh well. 

In other news, I did finish reading Vanishing Acts.  I don't think it was anything to review.  Good beach reading I guess.  Didn't require a lot of focus.