Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It has legs!

I had my ultrasound today.  We did not find out the gender.  The opportunity has now passed us and we will be waiting until December to find out if this baby is a boy or girl. 



I haven't felt the baby move as much as I did at this point with Ava, but the doctor still said that I am feeling more movement than he would expect at this stage of the game.  That would probably be because this baby apparently doesn't stop moving.  Every time the nurse tries to get a heartbeat, it moves away, trying to escape.  I felt it move around a lot after she was all done.  It did not appreciate getting poked at I guess.  During the ultrasound, the tech kept saying the baby is definitely a big mover.  I think he had to time it just right to get some measurements because the baby wouldn't stop moving around.  It did wave to us at one point.  I saw the hand come up and the fingers close.  So, here are the pictures.  I labeled them.  Yay me and photoshop.



Body_side_2
Here is the normal ultrasound picture, standard head and body.




Face

The straight on view of the face.  Usually known as the "alien"


Face_side

The hand up by the face.



Face_side_2
Here is my favorite.  You can see a good profile of the face, and it actually looks like a baby, not an alien or blob.  You can see the little nose and cheeks.  That is one cute 2D black and white baby.