Friday, May 25, 2012

People living with animals

"Did you know that on a farm people live right there with the animals?"  This was Rhys' observation about our trip out to a farm to pick up our bulk food order.  I am now the proud owner of 25 pounds of flour, 25 pounds of popcorn kernals, 12 pounds of sugar, 1 pound of whole cinnamon sticks, 8 ounces of Mexican vanilla, large bag of vital gluten, bread conditioner, buttermilk powder, 3 whole chickens, and 2 dozen fresh eggs.  I want to get baking!  It is going to be 90 degrees.  Oh the humanity!!!!!  I used up my old flour tonight making two loaves of bread.  It allowed me to use my gluten and buttermilk.  They taste pretty good.  I am thinking tomorrow morning's breakfast will be toast made out of my bread and eggs.  I wonder if fresh eggs will taste different.  With all my plans for baking comes the realization that I am missing supplies!  I want bread pans, good pie pans that look nice, something to grind up my cinniman sticks.  I did recently buy an egg slicer so that serious need has been filled. 

I can totally see how people can become hoarders.  It is comforting to me to know that I have 25 pounds of flour.  I can screw something up and start all over because it is ok.  There is more.  Just imagine what all I would buy in bulk if I had a basement.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I would love to hear more about what you do with all of your supplies. I love buying in bulk, too. It's very comforting to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.