Wednesday, March 23, 2011

currently reading...

So I was going through my nook account and archiving some books to get them out of the way. I decided to count up how many books I had read. I started reading ebooks about 18 months ago. Since then, I have read 50 books. I have read some other regular books too. Who knew I really read so many books!

So here is what I have been up to in the last couple weeks.

I just read North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. It is a young adult book but I still loved it.

I just finished listening to (and I didn't count this in my total) Fall of Giants by Ken Follet. Who knew I would become a Ken Follet fan? I sure didn't. I have really enjoyed his Pillars of the Earth series. I love big, fat books that you can really get into. This has been extremely enjoyable to listen to. The narrator switches to different accents and it makes it really easy to follow all the dialogue. It takes place before, during, and immediately following World War I. It follows the story of a number of people from different countries and their role in teh war. I look forward to the next book in the trilogy though it won't be out for another year.

I am about to begin reading Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. It is my book club selection of the month so I better get on it. I will get distracted by other books and then not finish in time other wise.