Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MOPS

Tonight I went to my first meeting for the planning stages of MOPS.  We are hoping to get it off and running in the fall.  At this point, pending disaster, I don't know why it wouldn't.  My church is supposed to be partnering with another local church to launch this charter.  There has been a lot of changes going on in my church lately, so I think it has been difficult to get the ball rolling on our side of things.  There are still some positions that haven't been filled and needs that definitely haven't been met.  Hopefully those will get cleared up this summer. If you are reading this and are interested...let me know!  I am definitely looking forward to the fall kick off.  I think it will be a fun thing to be involved with and I see it as a good thing.   I did leave quite a few windows open upstairs during the meeting.  Turns out I left right before all the thunderstorms hit.  Amazingly enough, it didn't rain into any of the windows.  That must have been some straight down rain.  After the storms last weekend our patio set, including the glass table top were tossed all over the place.   Is tomorrow seriously only Wednesday?  It has seemed like a very long week already.