Tuesday, May 31, 2011

summer is here!



It is officially this house's first summer vacation! Ava only went to school three days a week in the afternoons, but when you think of three days of making sure you are home by lunch, it doesn't leave a lot of room for big plans. So I am not sure what our big plans will be. I am thinking of making a list of fun things we can do this summer and when I get stuck, we can just look at the list and go from there.

Our gym has an outdoor pool, with a zero depth section. So we will be spending a day or two a week there. I am going to tell myself that we won't go to the pool unless I go first to work out. I am also not going to go to the pool EVERY time I go to the gym, or getting the kids there in the fall when we aren't going to go to swimming is going to be horrible. They are easily trained in routines.

We will probably have some fun nature walk days. There are tons of paved paths in forest preserves around us, even some paved paths through protected wetlands. We will do some berry picking, baking of fun thing, jam making, free movies on rainy days, and maybe even go to the zoo a few times. I would love to go camping a couple times. I would also like to take the kids to the beach at Lake Michigan. I just haven't figured out the whole parking thing yet.

What else should be on our list?