Sunday, June 2, 2019

"Hello, its me."

I wonder if anyone is out there still.  I am just feeling a little bloggy so I thought I might as well just go for it.

Tomorrow officially starts summer break.  I have such mixed feelings about it. I have started to realize that I don't do well with change. Summer is all about change. There is no structure.  I have to juggle a lot alone. I tend to go into a funk in the summer which is is annoying to me because I really do like summer.  I was outside today and it was beautiful and lovely. I felt such joy and anxiety at the same time.

This will also be my 2nd summer trying to work full-time with kids.  Not just full-time, full-time plus  my part-time blog work jobby job. Here are the pros.  I get to make my own schedule, more or less.  I only have to be in the office about half of the time this summer.  That is all well and good if I can actually make myself do the other hours from home and be super productive when I do them. I also want to have some fun on those days so that means waking up early. I don't have a set work space at all at home so that is something I am going to have to quickly correct.  I feel like I need to block out the week so everyone will know when I am trying to work to hold me accountable.

Additionally, I am going to start re-introduction of some foods this week.  We are going to a family weekend in 2 weeks and I want to be able to eat some things.  I am hating how much mental capacity the whole food situation is taking. It finally has become so clear why some people have set weekly menus and shopping lists.  Just figure out what works and go for it.  Do not vary!

I am officially done being the PTM president so there is that! Something has been taken off my plate.  Clearly with the full year of not posting this year has been a bit intense. I am really trying to focus on what is good for all the right reasons and say no to a lot of things.

I think I want a kitten.

That is all.

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments. I will attempt to respond in the comment section, so click the box to be emailed future comments.